Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pekalongan District Court Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to this Article
- 8 Citations for This Collection
Title in the Language of the Record[edit | edit source]
| This section is incomplete.
You can help by adding a translation of the title in the language of the records.
Record Description[edit | edit source]
This collection includes naturalization and citizenship records from the district court of Pekalongan, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia. Record types available include:
- Permohonan Akte Kelahiran (applications for birth certificates)
- Permohonan Pengangkatan Anak (adoption applications)
- Naturalsasi (naturalizations)
When complete, the collection will include records from 1983-2013.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Record Content[edit | edit source]
- Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pekalongan District Court Records DGS 101325068 178 SBKRI.jpg
- Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pekalongan District Court Records DGS 101431353 106 Permohonan Kelahiran.jpg
Permohonan Kelahiran/Birth Certificate
| This image needs a translation.
You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)
Naturalization records may contain the following information:
- Name of immigrant
- Date of naturalization
- Date and place of birth
- Immigrant’s religion and occupation
Birth application records may contain the following information:
- Name of child
- Date and place of birth
- Parents’ names
- Other information about the parents, such as age or occupation
Adoption records may contain the following information:
- Name of child
- Child’s date and place of birth
- Parents’ names
- Parents’ residence
- Other information about both parents and child, such as ethnicity or income
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
Search the Collection[edit | edit source]
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
To search by image:
To search the collection, you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "Record Type" category
⇒Select the “Year and Number(s)" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image, comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in Indonesian. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
- Indonesia Languages
- Indonesian Genealogical Word List
- Indonesian-English Dictionary
- Interactive Dictionary
Tips to Keep in Mind[edit | edit source]
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Use non-vital information (such as titles, occupations, or income) to learn who your ancestors were in their community.
- Be aware that transcription errors may occur; the information is only as accurate as the person who recorded it. While information is usually accurate, you may find conflicting information in other records.
- Search the records of nearby localities (or military unties, counties, parishes, etc.).
Other Searches[edit | edit source]
|FHL Place Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pekalongan items or FHL Keyword Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pekalongan items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Indonesia Archives and Libraries.|
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
- Indonesia Genealogy
- Indonesia Emigration and Immigration
- Indonesia, Naturalization and Citizenship Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
Contributions to this Article[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Citations for This Collection[edit | edit source]
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information (often called citing your sources). This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pekalongan District Court Records, 1961-2014.
This template has been deprecated and is no longer used.