Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Park Cemetery Transcriptions, - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Park Cemetery Transciptions, 1854-1983
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Stephenson, Illinois, |
|Flag of Illinois|
|Location of Stephenson County, Illinois|
|Location of Illinois|
|Record Type||Cemetery Transciptions|
|Stephenson County Genealogical Society, Illinois. Freeport Public Library|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection includes transcriptions of the markers located at the Lena Park cemetery located in Stephenson County, Illinois. Digital images of originals housed at the Freeport Public Library in Freeport, Illinois.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Park Cemetery Transciptions, 1854-1983.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
These records may contain the following information:
- Name of the individual
- Birth date
- Death date
- Burial date
- Cause of death
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of death for your ancestor
- The last known residence of your ancestor
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Cemetery records|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s obituary record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Illinois.
- Sexton Records
- Illinois Guided Research
- Illinois Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- United States, Tombstone and Sexton Records
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Park Cemetery transcriptions, 1854-1983
- Illinois, Stephenson County, St. Paul-Epleyanna Cemetery record, ca. 1847-1997
- Illinois, Stephenson County, cemetery inscriptions, ca. 1850-1992
- Cemetery inscriptions of Stephenson County
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.