Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Park Cemetery Transcriptions, - FamilySearch Historical Records
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes transcriptions of the markers located at the Lena Park cemetery located in Stephenson County, Illinois. Digital images of originals housed at the Freeport Public Library in Freeport, Illinois.
To Browse This Collection
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
These records may contain the following information:
- Name of the individual
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Death date
- Burial date
- Cause of death
Digital Folder Number List
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of death for your ancestor
- The last known residence of your ancestor
Search the IndexYou will be able to search this collection when it is published.
View the ImagesYou will be able to view the images in this collection when it is published.
View the Images
To view images in this collection:
- Look at the [DFNL URL Link Text] article to determine the folder/film number for the images you want to see
- Go to the Browse Page
- Select the Film number to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Cemetery records|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s obituary record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now? =
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries
Consult the Illinois Record Finder to search other records.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Park Cemetery Transciptions, 1854-1983 Database, or Images, or Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : publication date. Custodian.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.