Idaho, Caribou County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Caribou, Idaho, |
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Caribou County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||County Records|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of the following records located at the county courthouse in Soda Springs, Idaho.
|Subject||Record Type||Years Covered|
|Naturalization Records||Declarations of intent||1880-1892|
|Military Records||Discharge papers||1919-1948|
|Probate Records||Estates, wills, and case files||1869-1952|
|School Records||School censuses||1880-1940|
|Court Records||Coroner's inquests||1905-1920|
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The record content varies by record type. It may include any of the following pieces of information:
- Name of primary individual
- Event date
- Event place
- Names of parents
- Biographical information about parents such as date and place of birth
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of property or land
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search the Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The approximate date of an event
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select first browse level
- Select next browse level to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find vital records such as birth, marriage, and death
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
- Use the information found in the record to find probate records
- Use the information found in the record to find land and property records
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.