Herringfleet, Suffolk Genealogy
Parish History[edit | edit source]
HERRINGFLEET (St. Margaret), a parish, in the hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (N. W. by W.) from Lowestoft. 
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Herringfleet, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Herringfleet, Suffolk Genealogy Parish Online Records|
The parish registers combined with those for Ashby St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy from 1553 and Gunton from 1734 are available in images on Record Search.
[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Mutford/Mutford.shtml
Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
Herringfleet is in Mutford district. To search an index of Mutford district records go to FreeBMD. The Suffolk Civil Registration article tells more about these records. Civil Registration began in 1837.
Maps[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 491-497. Date accessed: 30 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.