Harlington, Middlesex Genealogy
Parish History[edit | edit source]
'Harlington St. Peter and St. Paul, a parish (1540), in the union of Staines, hundred of Elthorne, county of Middlesex, 4 miles northwest by west from Hounslow. The Baptists have built a place of worship as well.'
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Web sites[edit | edit source]
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel Lewis, ed. "Hardmead - Harescomb," In Topographical Dictionary of England 407-409. (London: S. Lewis and Co., 1848), Online here, (accessed: 27 April 2010).
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Peter and St Paul, Harlington in Hillingdon Borough. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Harlington in Hillingdon Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Harlington in Hillingdon Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Harlington in Hillingdon Borough. Partially indexed.
- 'About Middlesex Baptisms Index 1538-1751,' British Origins, accessed 16 March 2012.
- 'West Middlesex Marriage Index Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 8 March 2012.
- 'Middlesex Parish Record Transcripts,' The Genealogist, accessed 10 March 2012.
- 'Middlesex Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Derived from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- 'Search Marriage Records in Middlesex,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 20 March 2012.
- 'Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches,' British Origins, accessed 12 March 2012.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm