Haddiscoe, Norfolk Genealogy
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Haddiscoe St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The present church has a tower reflecting a Saxon base, Norman tower and 15th century top and church is largely a mixture of architecture from a series of renovations in different centuries.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Norfolk record Office reference PD208/ 93-101
This parish does not appear on Record Search as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the Family History Library Catalogue indicates that the following Archdeacon's transcripts are on film but these have not yet been converted to digital images for publication
|Baptisms, marriages and burials 1725-1812
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526787 Item 12
Census records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
Loddon and Clavering http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/loddon_and_clavering_workhouse.htm
Loddon and Clavering Union was incorporated under the terms of 'An Act for the better Relief and Employment of the Poor in the Hundreds of Loddon and Clavering, 4 Geo. III, cap. 90, 1764. A House of Industry was built at Heckingham and this was altered and enlarged in 1836 when it was adopted as the Union workhouse. Loddon and Clavering Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 13 in 1930.
Acquisition Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 22 October 1984 (C/GP 12/1, 5-11 273-276), 31 October 2001 (ACC 2001/199 numbered C/GP 12/8), 26 August 1964 (C/GP 12/70), 31 October 2001 (ACC 2001/199 numbered C/GP 12/277-278), 4 June 2009 (ACC 2009/74 numbered C/GP 12/279) and on unknown dates.
Copies C/GP 12/1-7, 9-13, 15, 19, 22, 25-37, 39-41, 43-49, 51-54, 56-58, 60-77, 86, 89-100, 202-209, 211, 213, 215, 217, 219, 221-223, 250, 277-279 are available on microform.
RelatedMaterial For records of Guardians Committee No. 13, see C/GC 13.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Web sites[edit | edit source]
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.