Difference between revisions of "Gospel Lane, Worcestershire Genealogy"
m (moved Gospel Lane, Worcestershire Genealogy to Gospel Lane, Worcestershire Genealogy: Text replace - ", Worcestershire" to ", Worcestershire Genealogy")
Revision as of 16:47, 3 February 2015
Guide to Gospel Lane, Worcestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Gospel Lane, A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gospel Lane has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Solihull. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gospel Lane and units named after it.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Worcestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.. Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth. Date accessed and adapted: 07 October 2013.
Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry<br>Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.