Difference between revisions of "Fristad Parish, Älvsborg, Sweden Genealogy"
m (Text replacement - "parish, Sweden ancestry," to "Parish, Sweden ancestry,")
m (Text replacement - "locations/ Family History Center]" to "locations/ family history center]")
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
====Family History Library Records ====
====Family History Library Records ====
Click [https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=146599&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Sweden%2C%20%C3%84lvsborg%22 '''Sweden, Älvsborg Records'''] for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a [https://familysearch.org/locations/
Click [https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=146599&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Sweden%2C%20%C3%84lvsborg%22 '''Sweden, Älvsborg Records'''] for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a [https://familysearch.org/locations/ ] near you. Click on "Places within Sweden, Älvsborg" and then select your parish.
Revision as of 08:26, 21 June 2017
Guide to Fristad Parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Back to Sweden►
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names:
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References:
History[edit | edit source]
(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Fristad Parish, Älvsborg, Sweden Genealogy|
|Militär indelning||add here|
Place Names:[edit | edit source]
Alehagen, Andersgården, Annestorp, Arta Andersgården, Arta Ljungagården, Arta Skattegården, Arta Ödegården, Asklanda Västra, Asklanda Östra
Backagården, Biskopstorp, Björkhult, Björnmad, Bredevad
Ekenäs, Eneryd, Espenäs, Espingstorp
Fattigstugan, Flotthagen, Fristadshed, Fristads Prästgård, Frugården, Frufällan, Frälsegården
Hallagården, Hallvik, Heden, Håstorp, Hästekullen
Klinten, Komlösa Backagården, Komlösa Gunnagården, Komlösa Hallagården, Komlösa Nygården, Komlösa Pällagården, Komlösa Skrivaregården, Komlösa Svensgården, Komlösa Östergården, Kulla, Kvarbo, Kvarnen, Kvarnåsen, Kärrsgärde
Ledsgården, Liden, Ljunga, Ljungagården, Lunnagården Västra, Lunnagården Östra, lUrkås, Lågåsen, Långsvedjan, Länghem (Längjum) Frugården, Länghem Frälsegården, Länghem Ledsgården, Länghem Stommen, Länghem Storegården, Lövåsen
Nabben, Nyarp, Nybygget, Nygården
Paradis, Prästgården, Påtarp, Pällagården
Ramnavik, Råhult, Råstorp Västra, Råstorp Östra, Rölle, Rörshult
Sandvik, Sibbarp, Sik, Sjöbo, Sjötorp, Sjö-öna, Skattegården, Skinnaregården, Skogen, Skogsgården, Skällvik, Slättängen, Sparsön, Stamparna, Stommen, Storegården, Svenstorp, Solebo Lilla, Solebo Stora
Varpeliden, Varpeliden Lilla
Ödegården, Örskullen, Öreskog under Länjum, Öreskog under Råstorp, Östergården
- Surrounding Parishes
Collections[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920, ($), index and images. Also on Also on Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR ($).
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Online Database Church Records[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden[edit | edit source]
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Click Sweden, Älvsborg Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a family history center near you. Click on "Places within Sweden, Älvsborg" and then select your parish.
Military Records[edit | edit source]
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
Help Reading Swedish Records[edit | edit source]
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! The have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Denmark surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting[edit | edit source]
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies[edit | edit source]
References:[edit | edit source]
Fristad Husförhörslängd 1832-1842 Ortregister