Fillmore Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Message from the Temple and Family History - Consultant - Center
- 3 Calendar and Events
- 3.1 CLASSES-
- 3.2 Family Tree
- 3.3 Family Tree
- 3.4 FREE Online Genealogy Forms and Training
- 3.5 Online Forms
- 3.6 Temple and Family History Consultant Training
- 3.7 Online Research Training Videos
- 3.8 How to research the following countries
- 3.9 FamilySearch Classes and Webinars listed by Localities:
- 3.10 Basic Family History Training Videos
- 3.11 Upcoming Events
- 3.12 Staff In-service Meetings
- 3.13 Center Resources
- 3.14 Users Groups
- 3.15 Collections
- 3.16 Databases and Software
- 3.17 Hardware and Equipment
- 3.18 Center Services
- 3.19 Reproduction Services
- 3.20 Staff Research Specialties
- 3.21 Resources in the Local Area
- 3.22 Resources Outside Local Area
- 3.23 Links
- 3.24 Other Family History and Library Centers and Resources
- 3.25 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address:25 South 300 West, Fillmore, Utah 84631
- Entrance is on the south side of the building.
Phone: (435) 743-6614, ext. 3
Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center: Beverly Veale - (714)595-8343
- Stake Assistant TFH Consultant: Carol Whitaker
- Stake Assistant TFH Consultant: Tina Stevens
- Monday: - Closed.
- Tuesday: 10:00am. - 4:00pm, 7:00 - 9:00pm.
- Wednesday: 10:00am. - 4:00pm, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday and Saturday - Closed.
- Holiday Schedule:
Closed December 18th 2018 until January 7th 2019. Open again on January 8th. If you would like to go to the Family History Center, contact a Temple and Family History Consultant.
Message from the Temple and Family History - Consultant - Center[edit | edit source]
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
CLASSES-[edit | edit source]
Helping make homes Family History Centers
o May 9, 2019 Making your home a Family History Center 7 pm
o May 23, 2019 Family Tree App 7 pm
o June 6, 2019 My Family Booklet Workshop 10 am- 8 pm
o June 20, 2019 Family Search Basics (part 1) 7 pm
o July 11, 2019 Family Search Basics (part 2) 7 pm
o July 25, 2019 Indexing 7pm
Ward Temple and Family History consultants-[edit | edit source]
Starting August 8, 2019, a six week course, contact Tina Stevens, UT_Fillmore@familyhistorymail.org or 435-406-4010, if you would be interested. The class would be limited to 8 and would be geared to what you want to learn.
Family Tree[edit | edit source]
Family Tree replaces New Family Tree. Family Tree is an updated approach to organizing and recording your genealogy online. It merges the best features and data from new.FamilySearch and adds powerful tools for data accuracy, usability, and collaboration. Family Tree development is ongoing and aggressive, so you can expect frequent updates, including additional training materials.
Family Tree is a new way to work together to do genealogy. The information that is stored in Family Tree is similar to what is in new.familysearch.org, but there are some differences that are intended to help Family Tree become the most accurate representation of an ancestral line.
FamilySearch/Family Tree is continually changing and evolving. Check back often to learn of the new information added.
Family Tree[edit | edit source]
FREE Online Genealogy Forms and Training[edit | edit source]
Online Forms[edit | edit source]
Temple and Family History Consultant Training[edit | edit source]
Online Research Training Videos[edit | edit source]
How to research the following countries[edit | edit source]
- England and UK Research
FamilySearch Classes and Webinars listed by Localities:[edit | edit source]
Basic Family History Training Videos[edit | edit source]
- 5 Minute Genealogy Videos Series. This video series is all about helping you quickly discover your family history. Each episode will guide you through basic research principles that will help you have success finding your ancestors.
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Staff In-service Meetings[edit | edit source]
4th Sunday of most months, 4:30 pm, Family History Center.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Users Groups[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Utah Census 1850-1920 (excl. 1890), family and local histories throughout the United States, maps and atlases.
- A small microfiche and microfilm collection
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history apps that generally charge for subscriptions. Go to the FamilySearch Portal on any of the available computers and click on the Premium Family History Websites to access the following sites.
- 19th Centry British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- ArkivDigital Online - Swedish Genealogy
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Hertiage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 8 PC workstations with internet access
- 1 microfilm projector
- 1 microfiche projector
- Color, black and white printers
- Flatbed scanners
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Reproduction Services[edit | edit source]
- Color copies/printing: $.50¢ per page
- Black and white copies/printing: $.05¢ per page
- Scanning: Free, self service.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
- Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum - 50 West Capitol Avenue, Fillmore, UT 84631. (435) 743-5316. (website) (e-mail). Pioneer-era artifacts, documents, photographs, and histories. Staff will conduct research, charged at $40/hr, or visitors may perform their own.
- Millard County Recorders Office - 50 South Main Street, Fillmore, UT 84631. (435) 743-6210. (e-mail) (service fees). Property records beginning c. 1872. All research is self-service.
- President Millard Fillmore Library - 25 South 100 West, Fillmore, UT 84631. (435) 743-5314. (website) (e-mail). Fillmore history room with historic newspapers, yearbooks, and transcribed oral history interviews. All research is self-service.
Resources Outside Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Other Family History and Library Centers and Resources[edit | edit source]
- Find A Grave
- BYU Center for Family History and Genealogy
- BYU Family History Library
- Logan Utah Family History Center
- Mesa Arizona Family History Center
- Research WIKI
- Riverton Utah Family History Center
- Salt Lake City Family History Library
- Utah South Area Family History Training Center