Farringdon Without, London Ward Genealogy
The City of London was divided into sections known as wards. Each ward (25 total) consisted of a group of parishes.
Many sources, such as tax and London Sessions records, group parishes into wards. Knowing this jurisdiction aids researchers in locating ancestors in these records.
- St Andrew Holborn
- St Bride
- St Dunstan in the West, London Genealogy
- St Sepulchre, Middlesex Genealogy
Clandestine Fleet Prison marriages took place in Farringdon Ward Without. A subscription site, BMDregisters.co.uk has digitized Clandestine Marriages and Baptisms in Fleet Prison, King's Bench Prison, the Mint and the May Fair Chapel, 1667-c1777. Learn more about this collection (RG7) at Guide to BMD Registers.
Census and Inhabitants Lists
- Farringdon Without Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/151); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
- Farringdon Ward Without, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/590 Part 10); copy: FHL Film 2228704.
- Farringdon Without Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/586); copy: FHL Film 2228704.
1693-1694 Four Shilling in the Pound Aid
- Else Churchill, "Stuck in London: resources at the SOG and elsewhere." Presentation, Society of Genealogists, 2011. Slides available online.