FamilySearch Wiki talk:Feedback
- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
The comments will be consolidated where appropriate and posted on the Project Page.
If you have possible solutions for a posted comment, please share them here as well.
If pertinent to the topic, please include your level of experience with the wiki and your skill level with the "wikitext" editor or the RichEditor (or the VisualEditor in the future),
Global Searching[edit source]
Etiquette hint: At the end of posts four tildes (~) leaves a signature so we can easily track who posts info. Jimgreene 17:13, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Emphasis on helping people use the wiki[edit source]
I am updating a series of Facebook lessons for beginners. At present I am developing a lesson on use of the wiki for research. I have left two comments on talk pages of articles that are woefully out-of-date. And most of the pages for new to the wiki are geared to recruiting people to contribute to the wiki, not helping them use it. I found some comments from Janell in 2011-2012 stating the same and suggesting that there should be more of an emphasis on helping people use it. I make the same plea now. We have been working with hundreds of 18-22 yr old LDS Missionaries, and they are lost with the orientation given here Ken Knight 04:41, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ken, Your feedback has been received and I also captured your other comments from the “Tour” page and the “Wiki Basics” page. I will forward them to someone who can make a decision and will summarize your comments for the feedback page so that a response can be posted there. By the way, you mentioned a series of Facebook lessons for beginners. Could you eventually provide the link to those wiki lessons you are creating (for future reference)? Thank you for your feedback. Luccagenes 19:44, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ken, I see you have gotten responses from Sandra and Giuseppe. Have all your concerns been addressed? Luccagenes 03:01, 22 February 2015 (UTC)