FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Aug 1
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Liz cannot be here today -- teaching 4 classes at BYU this week.
News and Events[edit | edit source]
Next week's meeting (aug 8) cancelled
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 16 Virtual presentation by Pat Jensen, Finding U.S. Naturalization Records. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting[edit | edit source]
- Wednesday, 25 July
Progress reports[edit | edit source]
- Funeral home records - Lois Fowles is starting to input funeral homes on the county pages from one of the directories. (She was looking for work, so I gave her a big task that did not need a lot of explaining.) She will link to their web site and cite the reference to the directory.
- Future task: contacting the mortuaries to learn: years they have, communities they serve, filmed?, (check with archives, etc.), specialties (Catholic, LDS, Jewish, etc.), records they keep for each person.
- Obituaries online needs to be in ours. Patsy will look it up so we get it in. ObitsUtah.com courtesy of Utah funeral directors assn.
- Neighboring counties - Joy Bogar is updating the images and centering the blurb to the right of them. Starting to look really good.
- Make maps clickable: see Jason or Beth for how to do it. Jana wants to be part of the training. Joy will probably be happy to do this.
- James did modifying of How to Find Birth Information in the United States, based on comments from our meeting.
From last week:
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Church records -- often used to document for delayed birth (SS, citizinship, etc, Legal needs)
- Church did not keep a copy of the record they gave to the individual. Use the membership records. Pat will double-check on that.
- Get citation for statement in 1905 the state required copies to be sent to them. - Liz Done.
- Documentation for 100 years - Wilma Done
- Start templates and task page for Births - Wilma Started
- Start on the State Archives project - Liz started adding info to Experimental County from the State Archives site to add pertinent links and info to each county.
- Learn to make our own "badge" and other templates that allow adaptation - Wilma and Jana? Jana made significant progress. Asking Steve for help.
[edit | edit source]
Vital records (BMD, Div)[edit | edit source]
Birth Review the "to do" area of births to implement or discard ideas
Summary of minutes:
Future meetings[edit | edit source]
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank