FamilySearch Wiki:Creating a User Page for project team members
Every Wiki user has a User Page. Before you begin working on the Wiki, you should fill in the basics on your user page. To find your User page, do the following:
- Log in to FamilySearch.org. Click "Sign In" at the top corner of this page. If you do not have a FamilySearch user account, instead click "Join for Free."
- Once you are logged in, use the navigation bar on the right side of the page and go to the bottom option, Personal Tools, and you will see your user name.
- Click on your user name and it will take you to your User Page.
- You can edit the page just as you would edit any other Wiki page. You can find complete instructions under Help:User Page.
NOTE: If you have never edited on the Wiki before and need help, your Project Manager or another team member will walk you through it when they train you on your task.
Some Additional Tips
- You are not required to user your real name unless you choose to do so. You can find a sample of a User Page here.
- If you are a FamilySearch Missionary, you are required to add to the page:
- the name of the project you are working on
- the name of your Project Manager
- and how to contact your Project Manager (email is preferred). You can find an example of a Missionary User Page here.
What to put on your User Page
Feel free to talk about yourself and your personal genealogy should you wish. This is a way for people with common interests to connect with you. Again, you are not required to put any personal information on your User Page unless you wish to do so.