Diocese of Durham
|Diocese of Durham|
|Archdeaconries||Auckland, Durham, Sunderland|
|Bishops Court||Court of the Bishop of Durham (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Durham County Record Office|
The area of the diocese incorporates:
- County Durham (except Teesdale),
- Tyne and Wear south of the River Tyne
Archdeaconries and deaneries
- the Archdeaconry of Auckland
- comprises the Deaneries of Auckland, Barnard Castle, Darlington, Stanhope and Stockton.
- the Archdeaconry of Durham
- comprises the Deaneries of Durham, Easington, Hartlepool, Lanchester and Sedgefield.
- the Archdeaconry of Sunderland
- comprises the Deaneries of Chester le Street, Gatehead, Gateshead West, Houghon le Spring, Jarrow and Wearmouth.