Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Bishopstone
Return to the Wiltshire Probate Records page.
Step By Step [edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Indexes [edit | edit source]
- Index to wills, 1625-1799
- Index Wills at Salisbury 1464-1858
- Abstracts of names from all Bishopstone Peculiar wills to 1800.
Records[edit | edit source]
Archive Locations[edit | edit source]
Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
Wiltshire SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Fax: 44 (0)1249 705527 Website
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
The Peculiar of Bishopstone is a prebend of Salisbury Cathedral. All prebends of Salisbury Cathedral were inibited for six months triennially by the Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury Cathedral.