Court of the Peculiar of the Chancellor of the Choir of the Cathedral in Little Hereford and Ashford Carbonell
Step By Step[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit Shropshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Indexes[edit | edit source]
Indexes at the Family History Library:
Records[edit | edit source]
Archives Location[edit | edit source]
The surviving original records are deposited at:
Community Services, Castle Gates
Shropshire SY1 2AQ
Tel 44+ (0)1743 255350
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
- Act Books 1662-1858
- Register Copy Wills & Administrations 1662-1858]
- Original Wills & Administrations 1662-1858
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
This peculiar (smaller) probate court held jurisdiction over the Herefordshire parish of Little Hereford and the Shropshire parish of Ashford Carbonell.