Clearfield Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Clearfield Utah Family History Center serves the following cities: Clearfield, Syracuse, West Point, Sunset, and Clinton.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 935 South State Street, Clearfield, UT 84015
- Enter by the Northeast (back) side of building.
Phone: 801-774-2188 (answered only during open hours)
- David L. Morse Sr. - 801-773-9115
- Monday: 9am-1pm
- Tue: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Wed: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Thurs: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Friday: 9:00am-1pm
- Saturday: On the first Saturday of each month, the Center
- will be open from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM unless it
- is closed for a regularly scheduled holiday.
Closed for the following days in 2016:
New Years (1-2 Jan)
Cleaning/Maintenance (26 Jan)
Roots Tech (6 Feb)
President's Day (15 Feb)
General Conference (02 Apr)
Memorial Day (30 May)
Independence Day (02-04 Jul)
Labor Day (03-05 Sep)
General Conference (01 Oct)
Veteran's Day (11 Nov)
Thanksgiving (23-25 Nov)
Christmas (19-23 Dec)
New Years (26-30 Dec)
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
The following classes will be held at the Clearfield Family History Center at the dates and times indicated. Seating is limited so registration is necessary; register by calling the Center at 801-774-2188 during regular Center operating hours (see above for schedule).
DAY DATE TIME CLASS SUBJECT INSTRUCTOR
F E B R U A R Y 2 0 1 6
Tue 02 Feb 2:00 PM English Begining Indexing Preece
Tue 09 Feb 2:00 PM Spanish Indexing for English Speakers Preece
Thu 11 Feb 2:00 PM Native American Research Smith
Tue 16 Feb 2:00 PM Finding Family File Names in America Preece
Wed 17 Feb 2:00 PM Family Search Messaging and Archibald
Thu 18 Feb 2:00 PM Fun With Family Tree Stangers
Tue 23 Feb 2:00 PM TBA Cragun
Thu 25 Feb 2:00 PM Ancestral Quest Smith
- Additional classes will be listed as they are scheduled.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The center has some books, fiche, and microfilm available on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- This center has computers, microfilm readers, fiche reader, printers, etc.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
For help with research on Native Americans contact Margaret Smith at 801-525-6885.
For help with research in Sweden or Denmark or Norway
contact Taren Tyler at 385-239-9125.
For help with research in Sweden contact Kevin Capson at 801-825-2031.
NO nursery services are provided by the Center.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center [edit | edit source]
We are looking for volunteers to work shifts throughout the week. All consultants are asked to volunteer one shift, if possible.