Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Axbridge|
|Parish registers: 1630|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BURNHAM (St. Andrew), (also known as BURNHAM-on-SEA), a parish, in the union of Axbridge, hundred of Bempstone, E. division of Somerset, 9¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Axbridge; containing the hamlet of Edithmead, part of that of Highbridge, and part of the tything of Aston-Morris.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|BURNHAM ON SEA PARISH Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 14 September 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 19 February 2014.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.