Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Blofield|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BURLINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Acle. 
Burlingham St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
One of the three Burlingham parishes the medieval church tower construction can be dated from 1460. South Burlingham Burlingham St Edmund, Norfolk Genealogy is the surviving church for the village; the ruined Burlingham St Peter, Norfolk Genealogy was lost in 1936 after the 1906 tower collapse into the church.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Blofield 1837-1935
- Halvergate 1935-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 180/ 1-5
Archdeacons transcripts, 1600-1812
|Baptisms 1600-1607, 1623-1637, 1665-1812 Marriages 1602-1609, 1630-1637, 1665-1812 Burials 1600-1609, 1623-1637, 1665-1812
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526737 Item 2
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
1891 Census Surname Index courtesy of the Norfolk Transcription Archive.
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
The union consisted of the following parishes: Acle, Beighton, Blofield, Bradestone, Brundall, Buckenham Ferry, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmund, Burlingham St Peter, Cantley, Freethorpe, Halvergate, Hassingham, Hemblington, Limpenhoe, Lingwood, Moulton, Great Plumstead, Little Plumstead, Postwick, Ranworth with Panxworth, Reedham, Southwood, Strumpshaw, Thorpe St Andrew, Tunstall, Upton with Fishley, Walsham St Lawrence, Walsham St Mary, Wickhampton, Witton, Woodbastwick.
Blofield Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The Union Workhouse was opened in 1836 at Lingwood. Blofield Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 6 May 1971 (C/GP2/29) and on unknown dates
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Burlingham St Andrew on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A..,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 437-440. Date accessed: 12 September 2013. Date accessed: 17 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Burlingham St Andrew', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.