Bucknall cum Bagnall, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Bucknall cum Bagnall, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bucknall cum Bagnall, Staffordshire|
|County||Staffordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Stoke on Trent|
|Registration District||Stoke upon Trent|
|Parish registers: 1758; Separate registers exist for Bagnall beginning 1800|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1758; Separate records exist for Bagnall beginning 1758|
|Rural Deanery||Stoke upon Trent|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BUCKNALL, with Bagnall (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stoke-upon-Trent, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford, 1½ mile (E.) from Hanley. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Bagnall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BAGNALL PARISH (1607) Online Records|
Bucknall St Mary was formed in 1716 from Bagnall and Bucknall chapelry in Stoke upon Trent, Staffordshire Genealogy parish.
Bucknall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BUCKNALL PARISH (1762) Online Records|
See also the chapelry and district church of Abbey Hulton St John, Staffordshire Genealogy
Census records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 424-428. Date accessed: 16 October 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes.
- 'Parish Records - Staffordshire Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8