Bracon Ash, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Bracon Ash, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bracon Ash, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Henstead|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Bracon Ash St Nicholas is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich.
The church has an extension to form the mausoleum of the Berney family and has fourteenth century architecture.
BRACON-ASH (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Henstead, hundred of Humbleyard, E. division of Norfolk, 6 miles (S. W.) from Norwich.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Henstead 1837-1938 sometimes Humbleyard and Henstead in early registrations
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Bracon Ash, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS ATs = England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812 (FamilySearch) - free|
|FS BTs = England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941 (FamilySearch) - free|
|TIN = Tinstaafl Transcripts - free|
|Bracon Ash, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 206 / 1-6
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms 1725-1811 Marriages 1726-1812 Burials 1725-1812||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526813 Item 3
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Bracon Ash on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- &amp;amp; lt;ref&amp;amp; gt;Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 326-331.&amp;amp; lt;/ref&amp;amp; gt. Date accessed: 2 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.