Blore Ray, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Blore Ray, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Blore Ray, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Ashbourne|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1665|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
BLORE, or Blore-Roy (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the N. division of the hundred of Totmonslow and of the county of Stafford. The Wesleyans have a place of worship.
Blore Ray parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|BLORE RAY PARISH (1558) Online Records|
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Blore Ray, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law UnionsEdit
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 23 October 2013.
- 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8