Bisham, Berkshire Genealogy
Guide to Bisham, Berkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Cookham|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - Salisbury; Post-1835 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Berkshire Record Office|
BISHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Cookham, hundred of Beynhurst, county of Berks, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Maidenhead. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bisham, Berkshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BERK = Berkshire Parish Records (findmypast) - (£).|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BISHAM PARISH Online Records|
Stubbings registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Stubbings Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Berkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and GazetteersEdit
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Bisham in GENUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 263-267. Date accessed: 27 March 2013.
- 'New Berkshire parish records published on findmypast.co.uk,', findmypast, accessed 28 January 2014.
- 'Berkshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 28 January 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Berkshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 31 January 2014.
- 'Berkshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 27 January 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.