Birmingham Poor Law Union, Warwickshire
| This page is believed to contain copyrighted material and is a candidate for deletion.
Please add any comments to the talk page.
History[edit | edit source]
The Birmingham parish workhouse came into being after 3 April 1734 resolved to purchase a site and build a parish workhouse. The original rectangular building had two wings added subsequently.
For information see The Workhouse
Constituent Parishes[edit | edit source]
Birmingham St George, Warwichshire
Birmingham St Jude, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Luke, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Mark, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Paul, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Peter, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Philip, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Stephen, Warwickshire Genealogy
Birmingham St Thomas, Warwickshire Genealogy
Records[edit | edit source]
- Birmingham Archives and Heritage Service, Central Library, Chamberlain Square, Birmingham B3 3HQ. Holdings include: Guardians' minute books (1783-1930); Indoor relief lists (1889-1915); Baptism registers (1864 onwards); Workhouse infirmary (later Dudley Road Hospital) admission and discharge registers (1899 onwards with many gaps and in poor condition); Various other workhouse infirmary records e.g. post mortems, death registers (from early 1900s); Marston Green Cottage Homes registers (1880-1934).
- Birmingham Archdiocesan Archives, Cathedral House, St Chad’s Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6EU. Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows in the Workhouse, Western Road — RC Baptisms (1856-1902).