Benin, Census, 2002 and 2013 - FamilySearch Historical Records
- 1 What Is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can This Collection Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
What Is in This Collection?
This collection includes population schedule records from the 2002 and 2013 Census of Benin housed in the Benin National Archives. The 2002 Benin Census was the third census taken in Benin to gather information about given households within the country.
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records
To Browse This Collection
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can This Collection Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records: Census
- Family relationships
How Do I Search This Collection?
To browse by image:
⇒ Select the 'Department' category
⇒ Select the 'Commune' category
⇒ Select the 'Record Type and Years' category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date
- Use use the families' names to verify that you've found the correct ancestor
- The names of other family members could also be helpful when searching for other records
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Check for variant spellings of the names
- Be aware that errors may have occurred in the original census or transcribed index
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.