Beeston St Lawrence, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Beeston St Lawrence, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Beeston St Lawrence, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Tunstead and Happing|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Beeston St Lawrence is an Ancient Parish in the Waxham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
BEESTON (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Tunstead 1837-1869
- Smallburgh 1870-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Beeston St Lawrence, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BEESTON ST LAWRENCE PARISH (1558) Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1558-1714, 1734-1971||Undefined||1558-1714, 1734-1837, 1865-1913||Undefined||1558-1714, 1734-1812, 1815-1905|
|NTA||1743-1889||1757-1899 (Banns); 1700-1837||1702-1900|
|PRTS||1559-1712, 1743-1900||1558-1838||1558-1712, 1733-1764, 1771-1900|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 283/1-6
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Tunstead and Happing Workhouse
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Beeston St. Lawrence on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 199-203. Date Accessed: 29 August 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/beeston-st-lawrence/ For information about the parish.
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50790#s6 British History online
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/beestonstlawrence/beestonstlawrence.htm Norfolk Churches website