Batchelder's Grant Plantation, Oxford County, Maine Genealogy
Batchelder's Grant Plantation, also known as Bachelder's, was an area listed as plantation which existed in the South Oxford Townships of Oxford County. In 1834 part of the plantation was set off to Stoneham. In 1843 another part was incorporated as part of the Town of Mason, Oxford County, Maine Genealogy. In 1935 Mason surrendered its organization and became an unorganized township. The remaining part of Batchelder's Grant has since lost its status and is now an unorganized township.
References[edit | edit source]
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 61 (digital p. 70). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- Batchelders Grant, Oxford County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 5 November 2013).