Barningham Norwood, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Barningham Norwood, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Barningham Norwood, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1690|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Barningham Norwood St Peter and St Paul is an Ancient parish in the Repps deanery of the diocese of Norwich.
Referred to in record sources as North Barningham, St Peter is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. Although only formally declared redundant in 1969, it had gradually fallen out of use during the course of the 20th century. The Palgrave family, most closely associated with the parish, died out in the 1730s, and the land was bought by the Felbrigg Estate.
BARNINGHAM-NOR (TH) WOOD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Find Neighboring Parishes[edit | edit source]
- Type the name of the parish in the search bar
- Click on the location pin on the map
- Choose Options from the pop up box
- Click "List Contiguous Parishes" to find the neighboring parishes
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Church Records[edit | edit source]
The Church of England (Anglican) became the official state religion in 1534, with the reigning monarch as its Supreme Governor.
Non-Conformist refers to all other religious denominations that are not the official state religion.
Church of England[edit | edit source]
Due to the increasing access of online records:
- Individual parish coverage for databases in this table are inconsistent and should be verified
- Dates in the following table are approximate
Hover over the collection's title for more information
|Barningham Norwood Online Parish Records|
|FamilySearch Parish Registers-Norfolk|
|FamilySearch Bishop's Transcripts-Norfolk|
|FamilySearch Archdeacon's Transcripts-Norfolk|
|Bishop's Transcripts - FamilySearch Catalog|
|Find My Past-Norfolk ($)|
|Find My Past Bishop's Transcript-Norfolk ($)|
|Ancestry Church of England-Norfolk (Early) ($)|
|Ancestry Church of England-Norfolk (Late) ($)|
|Ancestry Church of England-Norfolk (Transcriptions) ($)|
|Ancestry-England & Wales, Birth, Christening, Marriage and Death Indexes ($)|
|Databases with Known Incomplete Parish Coverage|
|Boyd's Marriage Indexes-FMP (Free)|
|National Burial Index-FMP (Free)|
These databases have incomplete parish coverage.
- Joiner Marriage Index - Norfolk ($)
- The Genealogist Parish Registers - Norfolk ($)
- Norfolk Transcription Archive
- UK Websites for Parish Records - Links to online genealogical records
- Online Genealogical Index - Links to online genealogical records
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
North Barningham on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 148-153. Date accessed 29 August 2013.
http://www.northnorfolkimages.co.uk/location/barningham.html for images of the redundant St Peter's Church
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/northbarningham/northbarningham.htm Norfolk Churches website
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tinstaafl/ for link to Norfolk Baptism Project