Bad River Indian Agency (Wisconsin)
|Native American Topics|
|Bureau of Indian Affairs|
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency[edit | edit source]
Bad River Band of Chippewa
History[edit | edit source]
The Bad River Agency, located in Odanah, Wisconsin, existed from at least 1894 to 1926.
Agents and Appointment Date[edit | edit source]
Records[edit | edit source]
Some of the administrative and financial records of the Bad River Agency are in the Great Lakes Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Chicago. Among these records are:
- Census rolls, 1897-1933
- Allotment schedules, 1914-1920
- School census, 1915-1926
- School attendance cards, 1923-1926
Some financial accounts for as late as 1958 exist in the Great Lakes Regional Archives for this agency.
References[edit | edit source]
- Guide to Holdings of Great Lakes Region of NARA in Chicago, Record Group 75 Available online
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online