Aslacton, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Aslacton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Depwade|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Aslacton is a village and civil parish in the South Norfolk district of Norfolk and has one of the 124 surviving round tower churches in Norfolk.Aslacton Wikipedia Aslacton St Michael is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
It is a mediaeval Pilgrim church with a Saxon tower and there are traces of Saxon masonry in the Norman nave. The Parish church of St Michael has been designated as a grade I listed building British Listed building Images of the church and its history are found at Simon Knott's Norfolk Churches website. A manorial history is found in Francis Blomefield'Hundred of Depwade: Aslacton', An Essay towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk: volume 5 (1806), pp. 177-181. at British History Online
ASLACTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (W. by S.) from Long Stratton. 
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Aslacton parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Aslacton Online Parish Records|
|FS Catalog PRs|
|FS Catalog BTs|
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851 Map. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Records are also available at the Norfolk Record Office.
[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through Family History Center Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK
- Introduction to Family History Centers to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
- 1891 Surname Index courtesy of Pat Greetham and Norfolk Transcription Archives
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- See also England, Norfolk Poor Law Union Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
- Norfolk Poor Law Union, Norfolk Genealogys
Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
Probate Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Aslacton on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 96-100. Date accessed: 28 August 2013.
- Searching Parish Records online (Norfolk) - The Following Parishes are Available at TheGenealogist, ParishRegister.co.uk, accessed 23 April 2019.