Difference between revisions of "Ansty, Warwickshire Genealogy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 7: Line 7:
 
Ansty St James is an Ancient Parish on the outskirts of Coventry. The church was built in the 13th century and was rebuilt in 1856 by Sir George Gilbert Scott.  
 
Ansty St James is an Ancient Parish on the outskirts of Coventry. The church was built in the 13th century and was rebuilt in 1856 by Sir George Gilbert Scott.  
  
Mentioned in the Domesday book as part of the hundred of Brinklow. The principal landowner was Lady Godiva. <br>
+
Mentioned in the Domesday Book as part of the hundred of Brinklow. The principal landowner was Lady Godiva. <br>
  
 
The&nbsp; parish was part of the County of the City of Coventry until that county was dissolved in 1842<br>
 
The&nbsp; parish was part of the County of the City of Coventry until that county was dissolved in 1842<br>
Line 19: Line 19:
 
==== Church records  ====
 
==== Church records  ====
  
Bishops Transcripts deposited at The Lichfield Record Office: Bap 1662-1862 Marr 1662-1862 Bur 1662-1862 Missing all events 1845-1861<br>
+
Bishops Transcripts deposited at The Lichfield Record Office: Bap 1662-1862 Marr 1662-1862 Bur 1662-1862, missing all events 1845-1861<br>
  
 
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection  
 
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection  

Revision as of 13:06, 9 August 2011

England Genealogy Gotoarrow.png Warwickshire, England Genealogy

St James Ansty Warwickshire.jpg


Parish History[edit | edit source]

Ansty St James is an Ancient Parish on the outskirts of Coventry. The church was built in the 13th century and was rebuilt in 1856 by Sir George Gilbert Scott.

Mentioned in the Domesday Book as part of the hundred of Brinklow. The principal landowner was Lady Godiva.

The  parish was part of the County of the City of Coventry until that county was dissolved in 1842

Resources[edit | edit source]

Civil Registration[edit | edit source]

Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.

Church records[edit | edit source]

Bishops Transcripts deposited at The Lichfield Record Office: Bap 1662-1862 Marr 1662-1862 Bur 1662-1862, missing all events 1845-1861

Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection

FamilySearch Historical records have an index of Warwickshire Parish registers

Census records[edit | edit source]

Contributor: Include an overview if there is any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed. Add a link to online sites for indexes and/or images. Also add a link to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.

Probate records[edit | edit source]

Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.

Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]

Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.

Web sites[edit | edit source]

Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.