Yateley, Hampshire Genealogy
Guide to Yateley, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Hampshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Farnborough|
|Parish registers: 1636|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1732|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Archives and Local Studies|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
YATELY (St. Peter), a parish, in the hundred of Crondall, Odiham and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Farnborough; The London and Southampton road, and the South-Western railway, pass through the parish. There is a place of worship for Baptists; also a national school.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1846-1869 see Farnborough registration district
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Yateley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|YATELEY PARISH Online Records|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, pp. 707-716 1848. Date accessed: 28 May 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 24 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- Phillimore Hampshire Parish Marriage Registers, Vol. 2 (1900). Digital version at GENUKI - free.
- 'Hampshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.