Wisconsin, Calumet County New Holstein Public Library Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Wisconsin, Calumet County, New Holstein Public Library Records 1900-2001
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|New Holstein, Calumet, Wisconsin, |
|Flag of Wisconsin|
|Location of New Holstein, Calumet County, Wisconsin|
|Location of Wisconsin|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of an obituary card file from the New Holstein Public Library for the years 1900 to 1995 The obituaries came from the "New Holstein Report."
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Wisconsin, Calumet County, New Holstein Public Library Records 1900-2001.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of deceased, including maiden name of married women
- Date and Place of Birth
- Date and Place of Death
- Date and Place of Burial
- Marriage Date
- Name of spouse
- Death date of spouse
- Nickname of the deceased
- Names of survivors
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
To begin your search, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The place or date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]
|This collection does not have a searchable index. Only images are available. See View the Images to access them.|
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page.
- Select Surname Range to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Wisconsin, Calumet County, New Holstein Public Library Records, 1900-2001. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Use the birth date to find other church and vital records such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death records. Also search for immigration, military, land and probate records
- Use the information to find additional family members in censuses
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Try viewing the original record. Indexes and transcriptions may not include all the data found in the original records. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search
- Try variant spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Wisconsin.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Wisconsin, Calumet County, New Holstein Public Library records, 1900-2001
- Calumet County registration of births, 1867-1907
- Calumet County registration of marriages and marriage index, 1850-1907
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.