Weston on Avon, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Weston on Avon, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Part of this parish is in Warwickshire. See also Weston on Avon, Warwickshire Genealogy.
|Weston on Avon, Gloucestershire|
|County||Gloucestershire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Stratford on Avon|
|Registration District||Stratford on Avon|
|Parish registers: 1685|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1713|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WESTON-UPON-AVON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Stratford, partly in the Alcester division of the hundred of Barlichway, S. division of the county of Warwick, but chiefly in the Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Stratford,containing the hamlet of Milcote. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Weston on Avon, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|WESTON ON AVON PARISH Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 524-527. Date accessed: 18 March 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813', Ancestry, accessed 16 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 22 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1938', Ancestry, accessed 20 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 24 June 2016.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 1 December 2012.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.