West Lothian Societies
|West Lothian Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Regional Societies[edit | edit source]
Central Scotland Family History Society
Smith Museum and Art Gallery
Stirling FK8 2RQ UK
Telephone: 01506 845385/01324 714413
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Central Scotland Family History Society
Website #2: Central Scotland Family History Society
Website #3: Central Scotland Family History Society
- The Society was formed in 1990 to serve the needs of those interested in family history who lived in what was then the Central Region. This means that as well as the old counties of Clackmannanshire, Stirlingshire, and West Perthshire, the Society covers the parishes of Bo'ness and Carriden which were in West Lothian.
Lothians Family History Society
c/o Lasswade Centre Library
Bonnyrigg, Midlothian EH19 2LA UK
Website: Lothians Family History Society
Website #2: Lothians Family History Society
- Do you have an interest in any (or all) of the following: Family Tree research, Ancestry, Genealogy, Family Roots, Burial Indexes, Military research, or Family History or research in the counties of Midlothian, East Lothian, or West Lothian?
Local Societies[edit | edit source]
Queensferry History Group
City of Edinburgh Council Offices
53 High Street
South Queensferry EH30 9HP UK
Website: Queensferry History Group
Website #2: Queensferry History Group
- Queensferry History Group has been researching the names on the Local War Memorials, concentrating on WW1 losses, and life in Queensferry 1914-18.
West Lothian Family History Society
Lanthorn Community Education Centre
Livingston EH54 6JJ UK
Telephone: 0150 1771334
Website: West Lothian Family History Society
Website #2: West Lothian Family History Society
- The Society was formed in November 2000 to assist those researching family history and genealogy throughout the county of West Lothian.
West Lothian History and Amenity Society
Linlithgow EH49 7PR UK
Telephone: 01506 811298
Website: West Lothian History and Amenity Society
Website #2: West Lothian History and Amenity Society
- The object of the Society is the study of Scottish history and to foster an appreciation of historical buildings and sites, especially in West Lothian.