Weeting All Saints with St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Weeting All Saints with St Mary, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Weeting All Saints with St Mary, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Thetford|
|Parish registers: 1558; Separate registers exist for Weeting All Saints beginning 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WEETING, a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Grimshoe, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N.) from Brandon-Ferry. 
Weeting All Saints with St Mary is an Ancient mediaeval church now in the diocese of Ely but historically in the Diocese of Norwich.
It is one of the round tower churches of Norfolk.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Weeting All Saints with St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Weeting All Saints with St Mary, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
St Mary's Weeting-with-Broomhill
|Baptisms, burials and marriages 1725-1812||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526806 Item 11
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Weeting with Broomhill on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 494-498.Date accessed: 30 July 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Includes Weeting All Saints (1561-1812) and Weeting St Mary (1558-1750).
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.