Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cedar Fort, Utah County, Utah
Cedar Fort is a village in Cedar Valley, in the northwestern corner of Utah County, which has had an Latter-day Saint congregation from 1853 to the present.
Church Units and Boundaries[edit | edit source]
Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cedar Fort, Utah County, Utah:
- Stakes: Utah Stake (1851-1901), Alpine Stake (1901-1928), Lehi Stake (1928-)
- Cedar Valley Ward (1853): originally included the village of Cedar Fort and all of Cedar Valley. While Fairfield Branch/Ward existed (1860s-1961), this ward only included the northern part of the valley (the exact southern boundary is uncertain). As the Northeastern part of the valley has filled with suburban homes starting in the 1980s, Cedar Valley Ward has been reduced to the area around the villages of Cedar Fort and Fairfield.
Obtain the Records[edit | edit source]
in the Church History Library catalogued under LR 1512.
- Peterson, Margery J. (2003)Our Roots Grow Deep: A History of Cedar Valley
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 424-425.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
History Timeline to 1941[edit | edit source]
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in this area.
- 1852: First Mormon pioneers settle at Cedar Fort.
- 1860s: Fairfield is organized as a dependent branch of Cedar Valley Ward.
- 13 January 1901: Cedar Valley Ward is included in the newly organized Alpine Stake.
- 18 May 1923: Fairfield is reorganized as an independent ward.
- 1 July 1928: Cedar Valley Ward is included in the newly created Lehi Stake.