Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Beaver, Beaver County, Utah
Church Units and Boundaries as of 1941[edit | edit source]
Beaver, Utah Church Wards and Branches:
- Beaver East Ward: all of the town east of Telegraph Street.
- Beaver West Ward: all of the town west of Telegraph Street.
Information about the wards and branches in this locality, including boundaries and creation dates of wards, can be found in the following book:
- Encyclopedic History of the Church. By Andrew Jenson. Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941. Pages 50-53. Online at: BYU Books, From the list on the right side of the screen, click on the first letter of the locality, locate the page number listed in this citation. Also available through Ancestry - ($).
Stake(s): Beaver Stake, Utah
Obtain the Records[edit | edit source]
Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.
- List of church records. of Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Beaver, Beaver County, Utah in the FamilySearch Library.
- Check the Church History Library for additional records.
History Timeline to 1941[edit | edit source]
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in this area.
- 1851, January. Pioneers of Parowan, Utah passed through the valley. After that, most travelers from Salt Lake City passed through here to points south.
- 1851-1855. Many settlers from Parowan and Cedar City desired to relocate here due to more plentiful water.
- 1856. A few families were selected from the Parowan settlement to move to Beaver Valley.
- 1856, February 10. The Beaver Creek Branch was organized.
- 1858. A number of settlers came to Beaver Valley when the San Bernardino, California settlement was broken up.
- 1869, March 12. Beaver was divided into two wards: Beaver 1st Ward (all of the town West of Telegraph Street) and Beaver 2nd Ward (all of the town East of Telegraph Street).
- 1891, June 30. 1st and 2nd Wards were merged to make the Beaver Ward.
- 1905, January 22. Beaver Ward was again divided into Beaver East and Beaver West wards. (Both were still in existence in 1941)
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.