Walpole St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Walpole St Andrew, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Walpole St Andrew, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Wisbech|
|Parish registers: 1654; For more records see Walpole St Peter|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WALPOLE (St. Andrew), a parish in the union of Wisbech, hundred of Freebridge-Marshland, W. division of Norfolk, 8¾ miles (W. by S.) from Lynn.  Includes Cross Keys.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Walpole St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Walpole St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Genealogy From Periodicals
[edit | edit source]
Taylor, Richard. Spelling Out the Answer. Family tree showing The Taylor Family's double line to the Oldroyds in Langton by Partney, Lincs. starting with Benjamin Oldrid and (1) Elizabeth Lee married 10 August 1730, and (2) Eleanor Riggall married 2 May 1737. Descendants moved out to Tydd - St. Giles, Burwell, West Walton and Walpole. Surnames in the tree, Riggall, Young, Waters, Taylor, Green, Sherriff, article dated 1730-1937, and is found in The Norfolk Ancestor, Old Series, vol. 5,pt1, pages 7-8, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j vol.5, pt.1
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Walpole St Andrew on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 444-449. Date accessed: 30 July 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.