Württemberg Military Records
|Württemberg Major Record Types|
|Reading the Records|
|Additional Württemberg Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
|Germany Record Types|
The website of the Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg states:
"The state archives offer numerous records for genealogical research, particularly for the time before 1806. These records were created in connection with administrative work of governmental boards and their predecessor institutions in the southwest of Germany. The records, however, are very rarely arranged in alphabetical order of personal names."
Following are some military sources/service records and where they can be located:
- Examination register, conscription register (Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart A 28 a)
- muster rolls, conscription rolls (Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart A 30a, E 297, M 434-M 569)
- hospital card file of the World War I (Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart M 598)
- card file of soldiers killed in action in World War I (Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart M 599-M 606)
- muster rolls, conscription registers and files of the XIV. army corps (Generallandesarchiv Karlsruhe 456)"
Source: Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg