Please post your new comments here (at the top of this page). Thank youAdkinsWH 17:11, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Category:Arkansas Counties
- 2 Play with references, wording
- 3 Use Height rather than Percent
- 4 User Person-to-Person testing
- 5 Templates I like
- 6 Images I want to use
- 7 WA's links
- 8 Wilma to do's
- 9 In Process Page
- 10 Help Pages
- 11 Wiki Newsletter
- 12 Sanpete
- 13 FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Experimental County
- 14 Utah Stillbirths
- 15 Email notifications
- 16 Category:Outdated articles
- 17 Moved Page
- 18 Think I messed up
- 19 Sandbox in the Main Space
- 20 Tuedsay Meeting Agenda
- 21 Contributor meeting projects
- 22 Wiki Projects
- 23 Email from Talk Page Message
- 24 Name change
- 25 County Seat Pages
- 26 Arkansas Pages
- 27 User sandboxes
- 28 Uncategorized file
- 29 Template/doc pages
- 30 Template category changes
- 31 here is the photo file for you template for Ambox warning yellow
Category:Arkansas Counties[edit source]
The Category:Arkansas Counties has a lower case "c". Sorry but better now then when all the changes are already made. The page looks great. Sandralpond 00:36, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi again, This is Sister Kennedy. There is another 'uncategorized file' of some cute children on the maintenance page. https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/File:Records_Misc2.JPG. Just letting you know. I don't want to put it in the wrong category. Thanks, Sister Sandra Kennedy
Play with references, wording[edit source]
[Linktodatabase database description] at Ancestry.com (Free/$)
Use Height rather than Percent[edit source]
On the length of a page, percentage does not work as their is no limit as to length of a page as there is a limit as to the width. How do you tell a page that you can be 130% of infinity? What you have to do is specify a length in pixels which I have done. You will see it at the very top of the edit box next to the width. I have it set for 2000 pixels but you can change it. Ccsmith 21:24, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
User Person-to-Person testing[edit source]
The purpose: to discover some of the "kinks" before we actually start the test. AdkinsWH 20:05, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
Prep for metrics testing
- What caught your eye first? Why?
- What would you click first? Why?
- Did the tabs/links reflect what you were expecting to find?
- What looks useful if it were your state page?
- What can you do with the map?
- The solid bars: what do they mean to you?
- Which communicates best – Getting Started? Quick Start?
- What words would mean more to you? __________________________________________
- Which color is best? Why?
- The Tabs: Can you think of a tab that we should add or rename?
- What do we mean by “Wiki pages?”
Templates I like[edit source]
|Include text here.|
Header textInclude text here.
| This user talk page or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
|This section requires expansion.|
Category:Maintenance templates Category:Article message boxes
Images I want to use[edit source]
How to center a table
- style="margin: 1em auto 1em auto
See One Note for Wiki codes.
Using the National Genealogical Society Book Loan Collection (WA: include this in the "getting records close to home" concept under Utah Libraries) January 2, 2013 By Steve Anderson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Genealogy_and_The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints to fix some of the content on Wikipedia
Wilma to do's[edit source]
- finish co records formating Very close AdkinsWH 23:42, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- Make sure has all the info from Johnson County, Arkansas Genealogy and that the template *Delete the sandbox pages: local, home, records: Fix the What Links Here area first
- finish Intro templates: probate, b,m,d, vr Still have M, D, Div, VR to do AdkinsWH 23:42, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- Change the state page from BMD to Vital Records. Do some reformatting of info in it.
- Jane re:intro templates for various states and for instructions re:Excel transfers for counties
- Start conversations on projects such as: early birth info; updating VR pages; State template vs county section links from state topic pages
- Templates: link to doc page
- Websites state level: still have a separate page? if not, change all the what links here items.
- Websites: County level: Karen Munger working on this: 3 areas on current (not new) format: Courthouse, Libraries, Records area.
- Cemeteries: chart needs some fix up on all counties: Bo and Joy are doing this through Excel.
Finished for review:[edit source]
In Process Page[edit source]
Hi Wilma, I received your message on my talk page and reviewed your in-process page. Wow, what a huge project! I like what I saw and have not come up with any new ideas yet. You are very thorough. However, I will continue to check the page and think about it and if I come up with anything I will contact you again. Sincerely Parrisl 20:48, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
Help Pages[edit source]
Hi Wilma, I am on a committee to review and create Help pages. I noted your suggestion for a page "Add everything vs. highlight best sources: help contributors choose as well as inform users how to find additional sources." Could you give me some more information about this request so I will have a better idea about how to proceed? For instance, do you have examples of overuse of citations, etc. Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter. Sincerely Parrisl 01:17, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi Wilma! Hope all is well! I was not able to access forums - has it changed? Here is the problem. The Wiki Newsletter, after I accessed it from the Wiki homepag,e does not link to the articles on the newsletter. It gives a Redirect Error: "We cannot direct you to the requested web page at this time. Please try again." It would be nice to read these articles. Perhaps this is temporary. What would you suggest?
I tried your your but must not have your current email. If you have a minute, could you contact me via email me or leave a note on my user page? Thank you! Also I forgot how to sign these! :( Kara
You're welcome. They've digitized all those great Family Map books. And Sanpete is one of them. Murphynw 20:25, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Experimental County[edit source]
I am impressed with the work you contribute to the Wiki. However, in patrolling the revision of line 670 on the above mentioned page, the tip seems a bit confusing. Parrisl 21:37, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
- Good job! The tip is very understandable now, like the rest of the work you do.
- Parrisl 04:28, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
I wouldn't want to mess up existing plans for this project plus I have plenty of other wiki duties on my plate, therefore I will mention this to you to work into your plan somehow.
Be aware that Utah stillbirths are kept separate from Utah death records and have different limitations. This information is not readily available on the state VR website. A separate form is required to obtain a stillbirth record for a closest nearest relative, these aren't released to the general public until 70 (75?) years after the stillbirth, and the exact year needs to be known (if under the 70-75 year limit; even though a range of years is acceptable for searching for a death record). No doubt there is other information that warrants being mentioned relating to this subject.
Charlene Pipkin 20:23, 2 August 2012 (UTC)
Email notifications[edit source]
Wilma, could you please give me a URL for one of the pages you're watching, and also check to see if the button for emails in your preferences is grayed out? I need the information for the tech guys. Thanks!averyld 14:50, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, Wilma averyld 23:22, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
Wilma, are you getting notifications yet? James Tanner got a bunch all of a sudden.averyld 14:33, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Check the staging site and see if your preferences are still grayed out. I think they've got it fixed there. Now, we just need to get them to implement it. https://stage.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Main_Page averyld 16:58, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Wilma, will you check the staging site once again and see if it looks like your email notifications are correct? They think they've fixed it and plan a release for tomorrow. Thanks, Lynda averyld 19:34, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
Category:Outdated articles[edit source]
Thanks for the quick answere we will keep in touch about these pages. Sandralpond 12:56, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
I sent you an email about the Community Dialogue page, but wanted to add a note here to get your feelings about keeping up the Chronological page.
Lynda 21:10, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Moved Page[edit source]
We found Sandbox: County Shell (09 Dec) , and Sandbox: Historical and Genealogical Societiesin the Maintenance-Requested Moves and have moved them to If not needed use the delete template. Sandralpond 23:59, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you AdkinsWH 15:22, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
--Utahnancy 21:24, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
Think I messed up[edit source]
What model do I us for cities in Washington County, I just realized I got confused and used the model for Washington Counties for the Washington City, Utah. Maybe I should just leave them all alone!! How should I fix my mistake? Thank you. --Utahnancy 22:16, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
Sandbox in the Main Space[edit source]
The wonderful following page, Sandbox:WAFixSidebarProblems, was found in the main space and we are returning User:AdkinsWH Sandbox:WAFixSidebarProblems to the User page. If this is no longer a useful page please put a delete template on it. Sandralpond 15:28, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
Tuedsay Meeting Agenda[edit source]
Wilma, I changed day of the Tuesday meeting but didn't move the future agenda's. Do you want to take care of that, or should I?Lynda 21:20, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
- Wilma, I made the changes. Thanks for your sweet compliment!Lynda 15:51, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Contributor meeting projects[edit source]
Wilma, do you think we could add a section to the Contributors needed page for proposed projects, like the one we discussed today, or should we have a separate page? Would we need to assign someone to keep an eye on those so they don't get forgotten?
Also, please update me on the rights you need in the wiki so I can make sure you have all you need. We were also wondering about Joy having deletion rights and why she would need those.averyld 21:26, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wilma, love your ideas for the project page! I'll play with that or get someone to do it. averyld 15:30, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wilma, take a look at my user page now and let me know if it's ok and also, what do you think about a title of "Suggested Future Projects". Trying not to make it too long.averyld 20:38, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
I was planning on the same name space as the Community Meetings and would put a link on the main page for the meetings to this new page. I'll put this on tomorrow's agenda and see if we can come up with a name that works, but isn't too long. I also wondered putting projects in the title. That was just one suggestion that I got. Thanks, Wilma. I always appreciate your input.averyld 23:04, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, I've created the page and named it FamilySearch Wiki:Community Discussions and Proposals. averyld 19:58, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
Wiki Projects[edit source]
Wilma, what do you think about having a page that shows a list of completed Wiki projects? And do you have any suggestons for showing that a project is finished - especially when searching. Should the title be changed with "finished" at the end or something? I'm putting together a spreadsheet of all the projects I can find with their current status, leader, etc. averyld 22:07, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, Wilma. Will welcome any suggestions you might have. averyld 19:58, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
Wilma, I'm glad you like the idea of the finished projects page. I haven't had time to get it done yet. We are in Provo, helping my 93 year old mother, but I'll get that taken care of as soon as I can.averyld 20:31, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
Email from Talk Page Message[edit source]
Leaving a message on a user's talk page generates an email message to that person.
--Ldrew 19:24, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Name change[edit source]
In doing my deletion of pages I found someone changed your page named FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Illinois "Fixi Wiki" Ideas to FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Illinois "Fix the Wiki" Ideas and the Category to Category:Projects-Fix the Wiki. Hope this is not a problem. Had a feeling they did not let you know. Sandralpond 23:26, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- Your choose is just fine was concerned you had not been informed. Love working with you. Sandralpond 23:41, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
County Seat Pages[edit source]
Just want you input on the following way to connect the info on the County seat pagwes to the county pages. See Outagamie County, Wisconsin Genealogy how it show links to Appleton, Wisconsin. See sections Church History and Records, Directories, History, Newspapers, and Societies. Also a link under Other Wiki Pages. What do you think? Sandralpond 15:00, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
- I think your links fill the need, Sandra. If, however, Church Records, for example, on the county page were further divided into Catholic, Methodist, etc. how would you see those links? Perhaps the same, just a link to the city page? Haven't encountered the problem to think it through enough.AdkinsWH 21:11, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
Arkansas Pages[edit source]
Love the new Pages Just asking for you to add a category to them. Thanks so much. Sandralpond 14:50, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, Sandra. Will do! Sorry I forgot.
- May be used for free at Family History Centers. To locate a center near you, click here.
User sandboxes[edit source]
"User:sandboxes" are automatically put in the hidden User category as long as they have "User:" at the beginning. No need to put a category on them. Sandralpond 21:03, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
Uncategorized file[edit source]
Hi Wilma, I help clean up "uncategorized files' on the Wiki and you have a file- https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/AR_County_Banners_Narrow - that has no category and is in this file. Do you want it to stay there for some reason or does it just need a category to place it in the correct file? I will leave it there for a few days or until I hear from you as to what you would like done with it. Thanks for looking into this. Sister Sandra Kennedy
- Category added AdkinsWH 18:43, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
Template/doc pages[edit source]
Template/Doc pages have the same category as the Template page. Thanks for asking. Sandralpond 23:42, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Template category changes[edit source]
Actually the templates I have changed came from the "Wanted templates" list in Special Pages. They are there because the have no category on them at all. A bunch of them actually have been deleted by you and when you look at them they link to sandboxes. You can label them however you like. Hanna5974