User group meeting agenda & minutes 4 June 2008
Proposing ideas for this agenda[edit | edit source]
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Administrative items[edit | edit source]
- Assignment of time keeper, note taker, and facilitator
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Prayer --
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
Information items[edit | edit source]
- User Group Facilitator
- Format for Agenda and Minutes
- Timing for agenda items for this meeting
Discussion items[edit | edit source]
Carryover from Last Week[edit | edit source]
BYU book digitization: should we link them to county, state, or where? They are available in the FamilySearch Catalog, mostly family histories, not so much county histories, etc. nor research outlines. The feeling is probably not specific family histories, but rather county type of histories. The question was brought up about all the records coming available through the Record Search on http://Labs.FamilySearch.org. Is there any automatic way of linking to this? Agenda item for next week!
Portal Page Length: We need to discuss ways of limiting the length of portal pages. What about changing the format of the localities listing (see discussion page).
New Items[edit | edit source]
- Tech moment -- Stub articles (Mollie Forbes)
- "Articles Needed" Page: Is the timing right to do this? (James Anderson
- Encouraging new contributors -- A more lengthy discussion on this will be led by Darris Williams next week. Be thinking of ways to do this and come prepared to discuss then.
Minutes[edit | edit source]
Facilitator was [Add name here], Note taker was [Add name here], Time keeper was [Add name here].
Prayer by [Add name here]
Attendees[edit | edit source]
Anne Roach, Mollie, Jimmy, Lise Embley (Williamsburg, VA), etc.
Remote Attendees: Thomas Lerman
Items Discussed[edit | edit source]
Action Items[edit | edit source]
Detailed notes were taken during this meeting. Unfortunately, all notes were lost due to the automatic time-out that occurred sometime around 2:22 p.m.