Michael Ritchey[edit | edit source]
Michael Ritchey, the founding manager of FamilySearch Wiki, is a community and content manager of the Community Services team, a workgroup in the Family History Department, Corporation of the President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Community Services workgroup was assembled in December 2008. Roughly half the team came from the Research Support workgroup who are the founders of FamilySearch Wiki.
My favorite report
[edit | edit source]
Links to pages that take me forever to find[edit | edit source]
Pages I recommend to new users[edit | edit source]
- Etiquette Guidelines. When people who are accustomed to creating their own Websites or paper publications first engage as a wiki contributor, they commonly struggle with the transition from a heirarchal command-and-control publication management model to a flat, peer-based, consensus-driven community editing model. A document that we've found useful to get our heads in the right mindset is Etiquette Guidelines. It'll teaches users how to work smoothly and efficiently with others in the wiki environment.
Good articles[edit | edit source]
- Prussia-Brandenburg Civil Registration details jurisdiction changes that affect which office would have documented vital records of ancestors there. Shows old place names with their modern equivalents, and links to indexes listing streets and their corresponding civil registration offices.
Users from whom I solicit opinions[edit | edit source]
These are the users who I invite to weigh in on wiki discussions -- particularly governance or Manual of Style issues.
- CK Whipple (Kara Wahlquist)
- David E. Rencher
- G Fröberg Morris
- Phillip Dunn
- Thomas Lerman
Tests for system bugs[edit | edit source]
- Here's Mike trying to save in Internet Explorer 8.x as a test to see if the system works. RitcheyMT 17:27, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- Here's Mike trying to save in Firefox 7.x. RitcheyMT 17:29, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- Here's Mike trying to save again in Firefox 7.x. RitcheyMT 17:35, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- Here's Mike trying to sign the page in IE 8. RitcheyMT 16:40, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Here's Mike trying to sign the page in Chrome. RitcheyMT 16:43, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
LDS Pages for deletion[edit | edit source]
Michael, in deleting pages, we've found one titled, "Why LDS members do Genealogy" which was marked for deletion. It leads to a FamilySearch article that gives informaiton but could also be seen as a missionary tool. You had a big discussion with David Dilts on //www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Talk:Use_the_Information
some time ago. The page on How to Use the Information still has a link to a page that gives instructions for submitting names for temple work. I think that page should also be deleted. I just want your input on this, since some time has passed since your original discussion with David. Should these pages be deleted?Lynda 20:59, 2 November 2011 (UTC)