Judy Jones, CG, A.G.® [edit | edit source]
Judy has been interested in Family History since she was a small child sitting at her grandmother's knee listening to stories about her ancestors. She has worked at the Family History Library since 1997 in the British Research Unit, as Training Coordinator and creating the England Jurisdictions, 1851 web site. One of her favorite experiences was teaching family history at the Utah State Prison. Judy specializes in England research, paleography, and developing new products. Judy has lectured in England and New Zealand, as well as in the United States.
Education[edit | edit source]
- A.S. - Dixie College, St. George, Utah - 1965
- B.S. - Child Development and Family Relationships/Psychology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah - 1967
- Graduate Work in Counseling Psychology - Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, Oklahoma - 1984-1985
- Certification in Family History, Brigham Young University-SL, 1996
Credentials[edit | edit source]
- Accredited Genealogist® in England, ICAPGEN, 2000 - Present
- Certified Genealogist (CG) - Board for Certification of Genealogists, 2001 - Present
Experience[edit | edit source]
- Family History Library Senior British Research Consultant April 2010 - Present
- Family History Library British Research Consultant October 2008 – March 2010
- Family History Library Senior Professional Development Specialist December 2005 - 2008
- Family History Library Training Coordinator October 2004 – December 2005
- Family History Library British Reference Consultant - April 1998 - October 2004
- Family History Library British Reference Consultant - Temporary May-November 1997, March-April 1998
- Utah State Prison - Wasatch Family History Center, Draper, Utah, Instructor of Family History Classes - 1997-2004
- Free-lance genealogy work for clients - 1996-1998
- Spent 1999-2005 involved in developing prototypes for genealogical products, participating in Contextual Inquiry teams for research and the Family History Library, building a training unit, conceptualizing and designing training for staff at Family History Library.
- Led a team creating an interactive mapping program for England which incorporates GIS technology with genealogical strategy to aid users in doing family history research. - 2000-present.
- Co-chair BYU Conference on Family History and Genealogy - 2005-2009
[edit | edit source]
- Association of Professional Genealogists