User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 8 Wynn
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Find family members in the England and Wales Census records. [edit | edit source]
It is often necessary to search several censuses to find and prove relationships.[edit | edit source]
Step 1. Search for your ancestor in the 1881 England and Wales Census[edit | edit source]
- Establish the parents and children of this family in the earliest censuses where they can be found.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2. Search for your ancestor in the 1891 England and Wales Census.[edit | edit source]
- Look for changes in the family and additional family members that have been added since the previous census.
Tip: Some children may have be added to the family while some may have died or left the family since the previous census.
Step 3: Add new information to Family Tree.[edit | edit source]
- Add any newly found family members to the Family Tree.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates found in the Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work by clicking on green arrows found in the Tree and follow the directions on the page.