Jacqueline Kanyuck[edit | edit source]
Jacqueline Kanyuck is a United States and Canada Research Specialist at the Family History Library. She enjoys reading, swimming, and spending time with her husband and puppy.
Education[edit | edit source]
- BA Brigham Young University: Family History/Genealogy
Jacqueline's research specialties include the South Central region. She also specializes in research in Newfoundland. She has a wide knowledge and experience writing and presenting training for genealogical research, working with guests at the Family History Library, and as a genealogical researcher. She also can read German and French records, including the old German script writing. She has attended many seminars in Utah and Canada, including several visits to the Archives of Ontario located in Toronto.
Employment and Service[edit | edit source]
- U.S. Canada Research Specialist at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Research Assistant working on transcribing and translating German church records in America for the German Immigrants in American Church Records (GIACR) book collection.
- Teaching Assistant for undergraduate genealogy courses. Included co-teaching classes, teaching genealogical concepts one-on-one, and holding study groups for students to ask questions about research.
Credentials[edit | edit source]
- AG in the South Central region in the United States (in progress).
- AG in Atlantic Provinces in Canada (in progress).