|County Clare Wiki Topics|
|County Clare Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Regional Societies[edit | edit source]
Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society
Mary Immaculate College
South Circular Rd
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society
Website #2: Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society
- The Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society, while based in Limerick city, covers the Mid-West region. As our name suggests we exist to promote an interest in history, archaeology, and related subjects. The Archaeological and Historical Society serves the North Munster region [Limerick city and county, Clare, and North Tipperary].
Clare Societies[edit | edit source]
Clare Archaeological & Historical Society
Telephone: 065 - 6822464
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Clare Archaeological & Historical Society
- Promotion of the study of matters of archaeological and historical interest and to assist the identification and preservation of objects of archaeological interest in County Clare.
- The Clare Roots Society was founded with the following objectives: to provide a forum for family history and genealogical research with emphasis on County Clare; to encourage, foster, and promote greater public knowledge of and access to records relevant to genealogists, whether held by Civil, Ecclesiastical, or private bodies; and to encourage the publication of research into the history of the people and places of County Clare.
- The Society is a Voluntary Community Organisation researching Parish History, Folklore, and Heritage.
Kilrush & District Historical Society
Teach Ceoil (Old Church of Ireland)
Website: Kilrush & District Historical Society
Website #2: Kilrush & District Historical Society
- Kilrush and District Historical Society is a not-for-profit educational Society whose mission is to promote an understanding of the history of Kilrush and its surrounds by collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting that history and its relationship to the region, and nation beyond, to audiences of all ages and interests.
- This is a local history, folklore, and archaeology group. The group organizes monthly lectures during the winter season on topics of local interest on the North Clare area.
Old Kilfarboy Society (Oidhreacht Ui Bracain)
Miltown Malbay V95 AF23
Website: Old Kilfarboy Society
Website #2: Old Kilfarboy Society
- The Old Kilfarboy Society is a community organisation formed to encourage general interest in the history, culture, and traditions of Co. Clare.
Shannon Archaeological & Historical Society
Treacys Oakwood Hotel
Shannon Town Roundabout
Website: Shannon Archaeological & Historical Society
Website #2: Shannon Archaeological & Historical Society
- The Society promotes interest in local history & archaeology. It publishes an annual journal called 'The Other Clare'.