User:Batsondl/Military info

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Correspondence Records:
[edit | edit source]

Revolutionary War:
[edit | edit source]

When you can't find soldier in compiled service records try:

RG 93: M847 Special index to Numbered Records in the War Department Collection of Rev War Records, 1775-1783, alpha index, ff 1292764:  this info not in compiled service records index
It goes to M853 ff 1025091 & M859 ff 1616635 can include civilians helping war effort

M686 Index to General Correspondence of the Records and Pension Office, ff 1527667 - Very good for those that servied in Rev War and 1812.  it's those that are trying to get into DAR or SAR about their ancestors.  Requests for removal of desertion ect.  Extra numbers stamped on service records GOES TO SOMETHING ELSE!!!