United States, Florida, Index to Alien Arrivals by Airplane at Miami - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
United States, Florida, Index to Alien Arrivals by Airplane at Miami, 1930-1942
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1912-1959 (48 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Passenger Lists|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is In This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is In This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection consists of an index of airplane manifests arriving at Miami, Florida for the years 1930 to 1942. The collection is set up by index cards, arranged alphabetically by surname. These records correspond with NARA publication A3382 and were filmed at the NARA facility in College Park, Maryland.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The full name of your ancestor
- The approximate age of your ancestor
- The approximate date of immigration
- The approximate date of arrival
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details and lead you to other records about your ancestors. Add this new information to your records of each family.
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?[edit | edit source]
Use these lists to:
- Learn an immigrant’s place of origin
- Confirm their date of arrival
- Learn foreign and “Americanized” names
- Find records in his or her country of origin such as emigrations, port records, or airplane manifests
- Find federal immigration records
- If your ancestor had a common name, be sure to look at all the entries for a name before you decide which is correct.
- Continue to search the lists to identify siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have immigrated at the same time
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names
- Search the indexes and records of other port cities
- Look for an index. Records are often indexed by local historical and genealogical societies
- Search the passenger lists year by year
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Florida.
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
- Beginning Research in United States Naturalization Records
- Florida Guided Research
- Florida Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
View the Images[edit | edit source]
- Index to Alien Arrivals by Airplane at Miami, Florida, 1930-1942 : NARA, RG 85, A3382
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.